Sunday, February 11, 2018

a Valentine's Post

This question-answer list has been seen on Facebook, but I decided to do it on my blog instead, in part so any readers I still have know I'm alive. I've been ill and not up for blogging, but I'm climbing out of the fog.

M grudgingly agreed I could do this, so here I go!



1. How long have you been together?
    Friends for 27+ years, together for 13 years, married for 11+ years.

2. Who said "I love you" first?
    He did. 

3. Who is more sensitive?
    I at least appear to be.

4. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
    Straub's Krone!

5. Who's older?
    I am.

6. Where was your first date?
    We don't actually know. After so many years of friendship, there was no clear "first date."

7. Who is more social?
    I am, but he surprises me sometimes.

8. Who is the neat freak?
    Sadly, neither of us.

9. Who is more romantic?
    Both of us? Neither of us?

10. Who wakes earlier?
      Usually he does.

11. Who's funnier?
      He is, and here's the proof.

12. Who has the bigger family?
      I do, both immediate and extended.

13. How long did it take to get serious?
      14 years.
1991 - long before serious
14. Who picks where you go to eat?
      Either of us. 

15. Who is the first one to admit being wrong?
      He is. He says it saves time and avoids arguments.

16. Who wears the pants in the family?
      We both do. I hate skirts. Then again...


The answer to who is wearing pants is all the more interesting
here if you consider the British definition...
17. Who eats more sweets?
      I think I do.

18. Who spends more money?
      He probably does. He also works harder.

19. Who is more sarcastic?
      He is, but I've always given a valiant effort.

20. Who makes more messes?
      He does, but he also cleans up after himself.

21. Who hogs the remote?
      He does, but now and then I get to choose. Those evenings usually go like this...
        me: "Do you know what you're going to watch on TV tonight?"
        M:  "Oh no."

22. The better driver?
      Without question, he is. He also actually likes driving. I do not.

23. Who is smarter?
      Again, he is.

24. Did you go to the same school?
      For 5 months in 1986 I attended his school in Esslingen while I was on an exchange program.

25. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together?
      Wisconsin or Tennessee - whichever is farther from Stuttgart.

26. Who hogs the blanket? 
      Neither of us - in German double beds, each gets his/her own blanket and mattress.

even in hotels!
27. Who does the laundry?
      I do, but he does his own ironing and mending when needed.

28. Who's better with the computer?
      He is. It's his career.

29. Who reads more?
      No contest - I do.

30. Who's the better cook?
      Also no contest - he is, but I've learned a lot from him.
      He's cooking Rouladen for dinner as I sit here typing this...!

preparing Rouladen,
demonstrating mise en place



Now it's your turn! There's still time before Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment